Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wow! It has been a long time since I have updated here. I apologize for my absence. I kind of fell off the saving, coupon, blogging bandwagon a while ago and I am just now getting back on it.

I was trying to think what did it for me. Was I tired of saving money? Tired of shopping? Just plain lame? I think the kicker was when my little boys, or rather ONE of my little boys, lost my key chain with ALL my loyalty cards on it. We searched and searched and could not find it. I kept putting off canceling all of them or getting new ones issued because I KNEW it would turn up...some day. Guess what? It did, 4 months later. It was under the boys' bed, just like I knew it was. I was so happy to see those little plastic tags!

But even finding that didn't make me jump up and start deal hunting again. I think that maybe I just needed a break. I had several things happen during those months of non-saving. And when I say "non-saving" I mean, I didn't cut any coupons. I didn't read deal sites. I didn't even save the ads on Sundays to make out scenarios.

As the new year approached, I made the decision to get my coupons back in order first. I was saving inserts but hadn't cut and filed in 2-3 months. And my box was full of expireds. Each week, I would go to the grocery store and get disgusted that I didn't have any coupons for a sale and also disgusted to see how high my bill was getting.

One week as I entered the store, I looked at my girls and said, "This is the LAST week I shop with no coupons!" And that was that. I got my coupons cleaned out, new ones cut and filed. I sat with my sale papers and made my list. I was happy to see my total below $100 for the first time in MONTHS.

I haven't jumped back into CVS'ing or Walgreens yet but need to--our toothpaste stockpile is dwindling. LOL

Hopefully in the coming weeks and months, I can bore you with my shopping trips and deal shopping. I might even throw in some funny or thought provoking posts now and then.

No comments: