Friday, September 17, 2010

CVS~~September 16 and 17

I managed TWO trips to CVS this week. I am finding that if I am going to be more serious about my frugal shopping, I really need to set time aside each week to get my stuff together. I didn't do that this week for CVS. I threw my stuff together right before I was running out the door for a meeting. The meeting was across the street from a CVS so I knew I could stop there.

  

This was the first trip to CVS. I got the Tylenol Precise (5.99 get $2 ECB back); High Octane Energy Chews (1.99 get 1.99 ECB back) and Alive Vitamins (9.99 get 9.99 ECB back). I used a $2 CVS coupon for the Precise and a $1 off coupon for the vitamins. I ended up adding a pack of gum to the mix. I paid 1.18 out of pocket (which was ALL tax) and got back 13.98 in ECBs for next time.


 This morning I popped in to a different CVS. I bought 4 Air Wick fresheners and a Nivea men's body wash. I had 2 BOGO coupons for the Air Wick but the cashier told me that they were limiting those to just one per customer. I thought about having her ring up two separate transactions but just did the one. So I used the BOGO coupon (2.50 off) and 2 $1 coupons for the Air Wick. I also had a $1 off for the body wash. My sub-total came to 9.49 and I was trying to use my 9.99 ECB so we added another pack of gum. LOL I paid a total of 1.88 out of pcoket (1.09 of that was tax). I got back 10.99 in ECBs.
So in total I paid 3.06 out of pocket. And I have 14.98 ECBs for next time.

No comments: