Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Deal Shopping

I had intended on going to Publix before Christmas Eve but we have had sick children, husband home, and other stuff going on so I delayed and delayed. I had some last minute things to get today and figured since I was going out anyway, I might as well stop at Publix. I shortened my list to only the things I really, really needed opting to not get more cookie mix or hot chocolate mix. I stuck with what I know we would use soon. I still have plenty of cookie mixes left from the last big stock up.





I think I did well today. And I LOVED that Publix had all registers open. Baggers were at all of them and they had someone who met you in line to help unload your things. The woman who was helping me actually sorted my coupons and made sure that I had the right ones. Then she handed them to the cashier, Tammie, and told her that they were all there. How wonderful! I thought we would be in line a while when we walked in but it was less than 5 minutes.

So here is the breakdown:
10 Colgate toothpastes (one sale for $1--had 75 cent coupons)=25 cents each
12 jars of pickles
14 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes
5 boxes of Ritz
5 boxes of Triscuits
4 boxes of Froot Loops
1 box of corn pops
2 boxes of Rice Krispies
3 boxes of Frosted Flakes
2 boxes of Chex cereal

Total before sales/coupons was 150.29
Special store savings: 76.74
Coupons: 44.50

Total out of pocket: 29.05

Total saved: 121.24 or about 81% !!

I was thrilled to see less than $30 for all of that! 12 boxes of brand name cereal (14 oz boxes) would cost at least that much by themselves.

And this is what happens when Mom tries to take a picture with 2 little ones "helping"...


Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

No comments: