Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Publix Deals 4-19

After we hit the drugstores, we stopped by Publix. Thanks to a great coupon clipping service, Coupons and Things by DeDe, I was able to get some extras. I find it cheaper to order coupons from a clipping service than to buy a bunch of newspapers. Most of the time, Savannah doesn't get the good coupons anyhow so it would be a waste. For example, we didn't get the *HOT* Nivea coupon this past weekend. That just plain stinks. But no need to complain, hopefully some coupon service will have it in and I can order a few.

I haven't been to Publix in several months. Today's trip wasn't one of my better ones but it was still good and the kids are thrilled with Pop-tarts.

12 50-ct packs of gum
6 cans of pineapple
4 Ritz Crackerfuls
2 Wesson oil

4 Duncan Hines brownie mix
2 box Triscuts
5 boxes Special K
12 boxes of Pop Tarts
2 Alexia frozen breads

Total before sales and coupons: 137.52
Coupons used: 31.60
Sales: 67.27

Total out of pocket: 38.65 or a savings of 72 percent.

Not spectacular but I just can't bring myself to use my ECBs or RRs at Publix. If I did that, then how would I get free toothpaste and shampoo at CVS? Or cheap diapers at Walgreens? Although this Publix trip wasn't my best it still got me a *high five* from the cashier, Tammie and a "Great Job" from Andrew the bagger. And I love that!

P.S. The grumpy little boy in the background is my youngest. He had just woke up from a too-short nap and really wanted to eat something. :-)

No comments: