Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another High Five at Publix...

I was thinking that I would not go to Publix this week but then I saw our cereal supply dwindling (and by dwindling I mean, we were down to 3 boxes) so I decided to get my stuff together and head out. It looks like a bunch of junk but most of  it will keep for a while. I also was telling my daughters that for 30 cents for 3 dozen cookies--fresh made...You can't beat that!

So here is what I got today:
5 Yoplait Fiber One yogurt
10 Pillsbury ready to bake cookies
3 Steamfresh Meal for 2 (Shrimp Alfredo yum)
4 boxes of Frosted Flakes
3 boxes of Fruit Loops
6 cans of almonds
12 boxes of fruit snacks
6 pouches of cookie mix (each pk makes 3 dozen cookies)


Total before sales/coupons: 152.04
Advertised specials: 76.73
Coupons: 33.40
Total out of pocket: 41.91

A savings of 110.13 or 72%

This coming week looks to be good at Publix as well. They will have Progresso soup BOGO!! That is my husband's favorite to take for lunch during Lent so hopefully I can score some of that. It seems that Publix has a much better variety of soup than my local (and by local, I mean across the street LOL) Food Lion.

I searched for the the older male cashier that I was told gets very excited if you save a lot but he was working the express lane so I couldn't go to him. But I did find my fave, Tammie!! She got so excited ringing my coupons. I love it when a cashier gets excited too. As we were leaving I told my girls that I just don't understand people who say they can't save with coupons. Even if you only save 25 cents, it is still worth it.

Today I was sitting at the dining room table getting my "deals" together, my oldest came out of his room, saw me and started chuckling. He said, "Some people bring their work home with them. Papers, graphs, all that stuff. And then there's you and your coupons. Look at the table, it is covered!" LOL I said, "Well, you haven't complained about the 11 boxes of Toaster Strudel or all the goodies I get with my coupons." He replied that he wasn't complaining, he just thought it was funny that couponing is my *job*. LOL

No comments: