Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Seeing is Believing



I am very much a visual person so I like seeing pictures of other people's deal. I guess that is why I post mine. I like to see it all on the table. Just saying 11 boxes of cereal doesn't do anything for me but seeing those 11 boxes, I can really get a feel for what people save.

So here are my Publix deals for this week. Love the Viva Italia sale that they had! Progresso Soup!!! Pasta!! Great stuff for Lent!

Here is the run-down for today:
4 pizza crust
2 frozen garlic bread
9 boxes of frosted mini wheats
2 boxes of cheerios
4 boxes of muffin mix
12 boxes of pasta
12 boxes of Zataran's bean/rice varieties
12 cans of lenten soups
9 cans of tomatoes in various styles (whole, diced, crushed, sauce)
3 bottles of olive oil
4 bottles of salad dressing
4 jars of pasta sauce
8 boxes of broth
2 bags of cheese puffs



Total before sales/coupons: 216.06
Store specials: 103.90
Coupons: 40.60
Total out of pocket: 71.56

A total savings of 144.50 or 67% !!

This more than I usually spend at Publix but the Progresso soup is a must during lent. My husband takes his lunch to work and he really enjoys the soup! The Zataran's is good too for a quick lunch on Saturday or Sunday...and no meat in those either. And who doesn't eat a ton of pasta during Lent??? LOL I know we do!!

I had to a bit of rearranging in the pantry to get everything in but I think that is a good thing. Funny thing though---we still are out of ketchup! LOL

Happy Savings!!

3 comments:

Candi said...

That is totally awesome!!! I like pictures too! It's fun to be able to see what and how much you saved.

Amber said...

Awesome job!! I personally love to see the pictures as well.

~Amber

Kerri in WV said...

amazing!